We need water to live but most people do not drink enough of it. This has gotten to the point where chronic dehydration has been called a “hidden epidemic.” By some estimates, as many as three quarters of all people in the United States suffer from this. All processes in the human body use water. If you are concerned with the quality of your water, you may consider having it tested. Many people have commercial water systems to keep their water supply clean and pure. Even if you use a water filtration system, you can benefit from periodically having your tested.
- You can make sure your water is healthy to drink and use. There are a lot of things that can work their way into your water supply that can hurt your health. Even if you use the best water filters for your drinking water, you can absorb chemicals and be exposed to bacteria when you bathe or take a shower. The number one reason you should have your water tested is to make sure it is free of harmful chemicals and bacteria. You may be able to taste something in your water but if you add flavor to it before you drink it, you may not notice your any water issues that you have.
- Your water will taste better. When there are problems with the water in your home, it can leave a bad taste in your mouth, literally. There are substances that can get into your water that will not hurt you or your family but they do not taste great. A large number of cities and towns use commercial water systems to add chlorine to kill bacteria. The right water system at home can get rid of that for you.
- Your water will smell better. If your water smells bad, you may have impurities in it. No one wants to drink, cook with or bathe in water that smells bad. Having your water tested and treated is one way to make it smell great.
- You will get cleaner clothing. If your water has impurities, such as chemicals, in it, your laundry may not get as clean as you want it to get. Even the best commercial water systems can let some pathogens or chemicals get through. When this happens, when you clean with the tainted water, your clothes may end up getting dirtier in the washing machine. You can prevent this by having your water tested and treated.
- Your pets will be healthier. You have lots of options when it comes to what you drink but the same cannot be said of Fluffy or Fido. Your pets in your home drink nothing but water. If you notice your pets are getting sick, it may be the water. Not too long ago, people in Washington, DC were seeing their pets get sick and it turned out the commercial water system there was not filtering out all of the bacteria.
- Your pipes and other plumbing parts will thank you. You may think your water is clean and pure because it smells and tastes ok but you may still have problems with it. Hard water is a problem for millions of Americans. It has been estimated that about 85% of all homes in the United States have hard water. That is water that has high levels of magnesium and calcium. Over time, these minerals can build up in your pipes and cause you problems with your pipes and plumbing. These can lead to very costly repair costs. You can avoid all of that by testing and treating your water.
It has been estimated that about 780 million people, across the globe, lack access to clean water. In many areas of the world, proper commercial water systems are not available and, as a consequence, they do not have access to proper sanitation. In the United States, a lot of chemicals are pushed into the water supply. More than 500,000 tons of pollutants are let into the water supply each day. You can protect yourself and your family from these harmful chemicals and pathogens by testing the water in your home. This is the best way to get more pure and healthy water.