Are you looking for a new home? You may want to consider modular homes. There are a lot of modular home benefits that you may not know about.
Houses that are built in a factory-like environment are called modular homes. They are also sometimes referred to as factory built homes, system built homes or prefabricated (prefab) homes. The component sections are built inside a building, they are then transported to a site and the home is assembled. These are not manufactured home and are not mobile homes. The modular home construction process reminds a lot of people of legos. Once they are placed on their foundation, it is not possible to move them.
Some Modular Home Benefits:
- They can be built very quickly. It takes between one and two weeks for a modular home to be built in a factory. When you compare that to the months it can take to build a house on site, you can see the modular home benefits. If you are in a hurry to get a home and want to build it quickly, the modular home may be something to consider.
- Modular homes are very good for the environment. Most modular homes are very energy efficient so you can reduce your carbon footprint if you go with a modular home over building another kind of house or buying an existing home. You can even get modular homes that have Energy Star certification so you can have a healthy, comfortable living space where you do not need to use as much in the way of energy. The costs to manage these modular homes will be a lot less because your energy bills will be much lower.
- Modular homes are completely customizable. There are many types of modular homes. You can get the look and style of home that you really want with a modular home. Some people worry that they will have to get a certain style or look but that is not true. They can be made to suit your taste and can look really great. These can be as unique as you want to make them.
- These are very affordable homes. Because it takes so much less time to construct a modular home, it is a lot more affordable to buy. Inspections are done at the factory where they component sections are manufactured so you do not have to worry about having home inspections done. This is one of the best modular home benefits.
- They can be safe. This may be one of the surprising modular home benefits. Modular homes can be constructed so that they can survive winds of 175 miles per hour or stronger. This is often a feature of modular homes that is over looked or not understood. If you have land in an area where there is a lot of wind, you can buy a modular home that will keep you and your family safe and secure.
If you are considering going this route, there are a few things you should know about modular homes. Here are a few of them:
- You need to own the land. Before you can have a modular home builders assemble your new home, you need to provide proof that you own the property. Modular homes cannot be assembled on subdivisions. If you find a great property where you would like to live, you may want to look into putting a modular home on that land.
- You may be eligible for a special construction home loan. These are one year loan agreements that can be converted to traditional mortgages when the home has been constructed. Just as you would when you buy a traditional home, you need to make sure you work out your budget and do some comparison shopping before.
- Your tax liability will be the same. Whether you buy a traditionally built home or a modular home, your tax responsibility will be the same. If you have concerns about your tax responsibilities, you should talk with your accountant.
If you are looking to buy a home, you have a lot of options. There are a lot of modular home benefits that may make this a great option for you and your family. At the very least, it is an option that is well worth looking into.