Published on February 13th, 2018 | by Home and Family0
The American Red Cross What They Do
The red cross. It symbolizes health, a saving person who can help. It is or was posted frequently in hospitals, or in situations on the battleground, where people needed to seek help from the “medical tent.” Today, it is part of one of the largest nonprofit organizations in the United States. It is called the American Red Cross.
The American Red Cross, according to one statistic, is in the top 10 of largest nonprofits in the United States. The statistic looked at revenue of the nonprofits and compared them to each other. The American Red Cross does many services that are important and helpful, especially in emergency times.
The American Red Cross goes into disaster areas and distributes goods and services to those in need. While there are often instances of hurricanes or tornadoes, which the Red Cross is known for helping the victims of, there can be local disasters that require the Red Cross to come in and help the individuals who are affected by it.
They are sometimes called in to help with fires at houses that suddenly appear in the middle of the night. Their trainees are skilled in a certain specialty. That specialty can be medical first aid, mental health first aid, organizing the relief efforts, dealing with scientific problems, and more.
The American Red Cross sometimes puts on courses where people can learn essential skills. These skills have to do with CPR, first aid, scientific terminology and more. They benefit the community through their efforts, especially during relief issues. They are often one of the first organizations to respond to a disaster, mobilizing individuals to help.
The American Red Cross also distributes clothes to people in need. These are often collected at Red Cross donation boxes, Red Cross centers, and even the Red Cross pick up option, where a person doesn’t even have to leave their home to donate clothes. This is a convenient option for some Americans who have a busy schedule.
And Americans can do this. According to some statistics, Americans through away full tons of clothing each year. This often ends up in landfills or other places where the clothes cannot be used again. There are some statistics about this that are worth noting. They are as follows:
- Americans consume nearly 20 billion garments a year. That?s 68 garments and seven pairs of shoes per person or more than one piece of clothing purchased per week.
- According to the EPA, Americans throw away an average of 10 pounds of clothes per person each year.
- Internationally, more than 14.3 million tons of donated American textiles help clothe people and families worldwide.
- For 24 hours per day, 365 days a year, the American Red Cross provides relief for families and communities in the form of blankets, food, blood and shelter.
- The American National Red Cross is the 13th largest U.S. charity as ranked by private donations. It received $687 million in 2014 in private donations.
- 70% of people in the U.S. give to charity each year.
- 3% of American income is given to charities each year.
- An annual value of $666.1 billion is contributed to the US economy by non-profits.
Americans give a lot to charity, with a high percentage of them doing so. This number is often high in terms of income, and charities give back to the economy by pumping in billions of dollars. While the Red Cross isn’t the only charity, it has a special purpose in that it helps disaster relief in certain areas.
It also help those without clothes or with threadbare clothes. The American Red Cross has clothing pick ups around the country where people can donate used clothing to help out the population that needs them. Red Cross clothing pick up goes a different route: Clothes are picked up from a residence, without the person having to drive to a drop box.
The Red Cross clothing pick up goes along with at least one other organization in advocating for the pick up. The Red Cross clothing pick up is convenient for many Americans who have a busy schedule. The Red Cross Clothing pick up gets used clothing donaitons without people even having to leave their home.
There are some terms worth noting here. They are Red Cross pickup, Red Cross donations, used clothing donations, donate clothing, and more. Read more about this topic at this link.