Published on January 1st, 2018 | by Home and Family0
Private Schools Help Many Families Give Their Children a Great Start
You received the best Christmas present that you could have asked for. When you were looking through the Christmas cards and reading updates from many of your friends and family you found just the letter that you were looking for. Amid all of the holiday greetings was a letter from one of the best preschools in the area saying that a spot had opened up for your daughter. You have always understood the benefits of private school education but you were not certain that there would ever be a spot for your daughter. You are fairly new to the community and you were a little late submitting an application. This news, however, means that you maybe were not as late as you thought.
Preschool Selections Are an Important Part of Today’s Parenting
Looking for the best preschools that have low student to teacher ratios and that have a strong curriculum can help your child get off to a great start. Whether you are looking for a prepared environment found in a Montessori classroom or you are looking for a place that focuses on another kind of educational philosophy, it is important to make sure you do your research. From checking with other parents for their recommendations to visiting the classroom and interviewing the director and meeting the teacher, finding the right preschool takes both time and patience.
Consider some of these facts about the importance of a good education and why so many parents make the decision to send their children to private schools instead of public:
- 96% of all private schools in the 2011 and 2012 school year were coeducational.
- Of the remaining 4%, 2% enrolled all girls and 2% enrolled all boys.
- Private schools have nearly 1.5 times as much of their enrollment in large cities when compared to public schools in large cities.
- 30,861 private schools in America serve 5.3 million pre kindergarten through 12the grade students.
- 80% of parents who had students enrolled in a religious private school in the year 2011 and 2012 indicated that they were very satisfied with their child?s school.
Finding the best preschools can mean different things to different families. Some are looking for really structured and educational settings. Others are looking for settings that teach self discipline and personal motivation. Finding the right preschool can make a big difference in the future of your child.